Psychology Sussex have a dedicated team of practitioners who are experienced in delivering on-site and off-site support to schools, colleges, universities and their students. As part of this specialist service we have a range of psychological healthcare professionals including counselling and clinical psychologists, educational psychologists and psychiatrists. We also have practitioners who are fully DBS checked should this be required for visits to your school, college or university.
All of our practitioners are fully accredited with their appropriate governing bodies and have specialised in working with adults, children, adolescents, families, couples and older aged adults.
We are able to offer both direct support to students and staff either at the Psychology Sussex consulting rooms or at your school, college or university. For information on the services we can provide either in school or on site then scroll through the list under the services tab.
We are also experienced in providing indirect support through training and consultation. Staff in your place of education could benefit from specialist advice in spotting the signs of psychological difficulties, how it is that staff may be able to assist students who are experiencing adversity or difficult thoughts and feelings, or finally we can advise on when it would be advisable to seek professional help. The list below gives an indication on some of the topics we have provided advice and training on but it is by no means exhaustive so do make contact should you wish to discuss your particular needs:
- ADHD assessment and treatment
- Developmenta difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Learning difficulties or Special Educational Needs
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
We are also used to working in collaboration with other organisations as well as parents, teachers and Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs). The following list gives an indication of some of the services that the specialist schools, colleges and universities team at Psychology Sussex can offer:
- Preventative work to build tolerance and resilience to stress such as MBCT and stress management.
- Comprehensive educational psychology assessment, treatment, consultancy, training, development and coaching in education for both students and staff.
- Assessment & treatment for autistic spectrum disorders
- Assessment & treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Safe and effective hypnosis treatments for performance enhancement and the reinforcing of confidence as effectively address a range of difficulties including exam stress, insomnia, stress management, phobias and pain.
- Supervision and Consultation for managers, teachers and health care professionals.
Do not hesitate to contact our office to discuss your requirements further.